Friday 30 December 2011

Pocketful of Posies...

This beautiful colourway Pocketful of Posies, is a hand dyed sock yarn from one of my favourite websites - Flamboyance Yarns.  The colours are subtle and muted...


I finished the Pocketful of Posies socks just before Christmas.  I love the way this yarn knitted up.  So beautiful the way the colours swirl around the sock.


I took a few photographs of the skein in daylight before I wound it into balls ready for knitting.

I have started knitting a pair of socks.  These two photographs were taken at night and it always interests me how different hues can look with different light sources...


It is a lovely sock yarn to knit with from one of my favourite ranges Splendour - 80% Superwash Merino Wool, 10% Nylon, and 10% Cashmere in a sock/4 ply weight...  The knitted fabric feels wonderfully soft to the touch and is a dream to work with.



No comments:

Post a Comment